Friday, July 29, 2005

Day 6 - Geneva to Auburn

MORAVIA, NY - So what, you say? It's only 25 miles between those two points. Except that we're going via Aurora and Moravia, then up Owasco Lake, for 67 miles. Up at 5am, packed, and sat down to breakfast at 5:45 - french toast, eggs, bacon, juice. On the road by 6:15, with taillight flashing. Beautiful day for a ride! Nice back road parallel to 5/20 to Seneca Falls, then through Montezuma NWR, and south on 90. Stopped for my daily chocolate eclair in there somewhere, about 20 miles out. Down 90 to Aurora, very pretty ride along Cayuga Lake. Then, big, slow, long, gradual climb up to top of ridge, and screaming 40mph+ descent into Moravia, where I now sit. About 17 hilly miles to go. Will try to update this later, but if not, probably not until Saturday when I get home.

2 Comments:

At Friday, July 29, 2005 11:35:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

at 40 MpH I am guessing you did not stop for ice cream at the bottom of the hill (on your left) but went right into Moravia instead .... sounds excellent, and it is a beautiful day for a ride ... enjoy these last days John

 
At Saturday, July 30, 2005 2:13:00 PM, Blogger Rich said...

I actually hit 44mph, and it got a little bumpy toward the bottom, to the point that I thought I had dropped something, so stopped right at the bottom to check. I didn't see an ice cream place on that road, even after I'd slowed down.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home